Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Small Improvements

Ok, so the depression and lack of sleep had definitely caught up with me, but with the fact that we all get beds on Thursday from the Salvation Army (see last post's comment) I'm feeling quite a bit better. Might have had something to do with the 2 hour nap I had today too! Thank you little one, for taking such a good nap.

We have 2 more nights with our current sleeping conditions, but it doesn't seem as bad as before. Yes, the aches and pains are worse, and so is the fatigue. But like I've always said, you can put up with just about anything when you know an end is coming soon! However the opposite is true as well, never seeing an end makes things very hard to tolerate. I don't see an end anytime soon to our situation, so I'm just focusing on smaller victories:

We will have beds Thursday!!

We only need a little more paperwork and a little more time to see if we can get some food stamps. The paperwork is in the mail.

I got my living room and kitchen cleaned today. Anyone with depression for any reason knows how hard it is to get the motivation to clean house!

My husband's work is putting his Dec. bonus on this upcoming check instead of the last of December. That means we can pay rent NOW and maybe be able to buy our kids a Christmas present this year!

Did I mention my kitchen was clean??? That is the worst/hardest room in the house.

So, here's to small victories in the present, with hopes that they add up to larger victories in the coming future. *raises my glass of ice water* This might even call for a celebratory cup of tea!

No comments:

Post a Comment