Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Our past is haunting us!

Up and down, up and down,  good gravy, being broke is such a roller coaster. I was actually feeling pretty positive about things, but life always has a surprise wrench for you doesn't it??

I guess a few years before me and my husband met, he ordered a magazine subscription, one of those where you get a free trial and have to cancel or they charge you monthly. He got 2 months worth of magazines, paid 2 months worth of bills, and then I guess moved and didn't realize the subscriptions wouldn't follow him with the change of address, but then neither did the bills, which doesn't make sense. According to this company, they kept sending the magazines and he now owes for 2 years of subscriptions, and they are taking him to court for THEFT! Whaaaa??

They called his work yesterday and demanded $4500 and told him they wanted to see him in court somewhere in Georgia or Florida or something, and the only was to stop it was to pay the full amount owed of the original bill, which was about $380. We had exactly $100 left in the bank for rent, so obviously we didn't have it, but they demanded he make a payment of some kind and set up a draft for the rest. So he did. Ugh. Now we will be behind on rent, and in 3 weeks, two hundred and some odd dollars will be withdrawn from our account. Where this money is going to come from, I just don't know, because now our savings has to go to paying rent.

Who knows what might haunt us from MY past, I cannot seem to even get my credit report for some reason, and that scares me. Between a divorce, an identity stealing ex, bazillions in medical bills, delinquent student loans, and who knows what else, I'm terribly worried what that might mean. What if I can't fix it??

And to top it all off, my can opener broke, and I have been having to pry cans open all week to cook. My hands hurt, and I have cuts all over them, and I can't even go to the store to buy a new one! I just want to scream in frustration!

See, a lot of people on't understand that it just takes *forever* to dig yourself out of debt and poverty. Even after your circumstances start improving, all those bills you couldn't pay start rearing their ugly heads. I know for certain we've got my school loans like I said, a few delinquent utility bills, probably a few hundred thousand in medical bills, aaaaand that's all I know for sure. I'm so very worried what else might come along to set us back.

/Huge sigh.


No comments:

Post a Comment