Saturday, February 1, 2014

Poverty Climb: Weekly Progress #6

Well if you've read my posts this week, you know that most of our progress this week has been backwards, bleh! However, the whole point of these is to focus on the forward progress we're making.

*Our tax return is filed & sent! We were able to deduct the cost of moving back in Oct. so that helped raise our refund a bit. I was very, very conservative on the cost of our cross-country move because I know that I don't have the paperwork they would require for all of it if we were audited. I wish I could have deducted more, but I think it's better to be safe than audited and be wrong!

*Another $25 paid towards our bank debt. Hooray!

*Even though it feels like such a negative thing that our savings account is empty, we are actually lucky that for the first time we even had some savings to use being behind on rent. Our landlord never charges us late fees, but it always messes up the next month's budget (and he gets cranky) if we are behind. It's always a bit of a domino effect when we get behind on rent, because catching up on it means taking the money from other places where it needs to go. So, the cup is half full, we had savings to use instead of getting further behind.

*My husband is still working over time. It's not much hours wise, but it makes a difference on his check. I know he hates it, and its hard for me & the kids not to see him much, but I admire him so much for doing it anyways. I count that as progress, because even if it's just 3 hours overtime, that's an extra $54. That's either gasoline or groceries!


Also, this doesn't have much with our personal progress, I just wanted to say thank you to all those that read, and especially those that comment. There is no handbook for getting out of poverty, so I guess I'm trying to make one for others through my experiences. You all keep me going, and give helpful advice, and just make me feel less alone in the struggle. So, thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment