Saturday, April 12, 2014

Poverty Climb: Weekly Progress #12

Man, what a week it has been, Actually I think it's been like 10 days since I posted anything, so I apologize for that, but I do have several posts coming (as soon as I have the time to write them!). Until then, here's my progress report.

*Finally got to the doctor. I have one permanent prescription, one refillable prescription for antibiotics, coupons for probiotics (I didn't even know doctors really recommend those, thought that was borderline herbal medicine), and one prescription to take when I'm having symptoms. Like an idiot, I thought I could wait to get them filled until we had more money. But OF COURSE last night I started having symptoms again. I woke up at 3:30 am miserable, and sat up in the recliner until about 5:30 when I fell back to sleep. So that means I'm going to have to drain the savings account to get them...The most expensive things are the anti-spasmodic and the probiotics. Ugh. But honestly, I know it's worth it to feel better. Over the last five years since my original surgery, I have spent WAY too much time sick on the couch.

*I finished one freelance assignment, and one freelance writing assignment. I already got paid for one, and get paid for the other on Sunday. Just that little bit of extra money, along with a donation I received, really, really helped when it came to the end of the pay period when we needed diapers and soy milk for the little one, and the copay for myself. I actually bought two packages, one for daytime and one for night, because diapers were on sale this week! It makes quite a difference in her comfort to have a bigger size for nighttime, she sleeps better.

*I got approved for a Constantcontent.com account, which if that works out, might provide some steady income too. Now I have to think of something to write about! Hmmm.

*Fun! I love my husband, and I love my family, and I love spending time with them. I'm glad that we have the opportunity to spend time together without spending any money. We went to the river and fished both days. Got skunked, but being outside was wonderful and refreshing and my toddler got to run herself out. Almost. She is literally inexhaustible. Literally.

* Got my resume' mostly done. I need to make a few changes still, but it's coming along.

Getting my health issues addressed and making a little extra money has filled me with tons of hope. Maybe I can make enough money as a freelance writer to help our family, maybe we can get out of this financial slump, maybe we can have better lives! It's so much better to feel hope than hopelessness. It also kind of makes a person nervous though, you know, because I somewhat expect disappointment based on how things have gone in the past. But no matter what, at least I still have my family, and in that respect, I'm as rich as I could ever want to be.

I hope everyone else is having a good & productive week!

2 comments:

  1. I am glad you have Hope. It can be scary to have Hope that things will change. I think we just have to teach our selves to come back to that place of hope and take action. Just keep chipping away at it. I have a long way to go myself. I hope I am on the right track. ;) ~ Christie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, hope is definitely a two-edged sword. We can't live without it, but the higher it takes us, the harder we fall if disappointed.

      Christie, as long as you are trying, you are on the right track. Don't ever stop trying. It's hard to do that sometimes after being knocked down so much, but perseverance is the difference between a person who finally makes it, and the one who gave up trying because it was too hard.

      I'm wishing you and your family all the hope and luck in the world!

      Delete